Monday, May 13, 2013

Senior Project

Hello everyone!
I’ve decided recently to do a project for my last year of high school.  But first, before I get into that, a little background:

I was researching the web a little over a week ago when I came across a website (url below) that listed the days and what was being celebrating on each one.  Always haven been a little interested in such a thing, I took a look, and ended up spending two hours on the website looking at all the days, past and upcoming.  (Side track: anyone else have this problem?  You click on something, planning only to take a quick glance, and end up wasting your afternoon on that site?  Always seems to happen to me.)
While looking at the pages, I got a thought in my head that some of the “national” days were everyday things that could be celebrated.  And BAM, I had an idea.

So here is my mission (and yours too, if you choose to accept): every day has something to be celebrated, most of them having more than one.  Each day I want to celebrate at least one of the “holidays” listed.  To prove I have done it, I have to celebrate it either with or in front of someone else.  (Example: for Frog Jumping Day I’d have to frog hop in front of someone while wishing them a Happy Frog Jumping Day.  For National Chocolate Chip Day I’d have to share some chocolate chips with someone, etc.)
Of course, since I’m blogging about this, everyone reading is welcomed to join me.  I’ll be doing just one to the things on the list; you can do one of the others.  Or you can just check back each day to see what I end up celebrating.  ;]  This link will bring you to the website I use so you can follow along and see what other days are coming up.

I’m pretty excited about this whole thing.  Hopefully I can keep up with each day and keep you guys informed of my progress.  I’ll be getting out of school soon for summer, so that should free up some time.
Anyways, I leave you with that.

Signing off!

-          @

No comments:

Post a Comment